Jan 26, 2011

Clara's Birthday



She seriously wanted her birthday party at the temple.... and to eat strawberries and chocolate. Easy. The flowers were beautiful at temple square so we walked around with lots of my family and then came home and made pizza's and ate chocolate and strawberries and honey chocolate cupcakes. I joke a lot that Clara is about the most charming little creature I know. Sometimes it's not very easy saying "no" to this little three year old when she is looking at you crying for something I don't want her to have/do when she is wearing a tutu, leg warmers, snow boots, three or four belts and about six flowers/headbands/crowns on her head. "No Clara we can't turn on your alphabet songs and twirl right now because it's way past time for lunch". "No Clara it's not time to make fairy wands it's time for bed". "No Clara I'm sorry but we can't read Fancy Nancy for the 8th time tonight". You look at that face and say "No" ... it just about kills you! But her birthday was so lovely and it's hard to believe she was only turning 3.

No comments: