Feb 15, 2010

Happy Valentines!

This year we...

Had a very festive dinner


Brandon willingly wore this not-at-all cheesy shirt I made him

I smiled for a lot of pictures with that big black thing in my teeth...

Grady - despite what one would think from the above face - LOVED crab

Clara got a shirt with her two favorite words written on it




And we finished off the night with a lovely dance party:)

We also ate berries dipped in cream and chocolate on a blanket in the family room, and danced our little hearts out to my annual "love you, love you" CD I make for Brandon. The night before we had a wonderful date with free babysitters. I think this was my very happiest Valentines day ever.... and it even ended with a good laugh. It was getting kind of late - 9:30ish and our kids were still going strong (we're awful at putting them to bed early). Our dance party was getting a little toasty so I opened up the door. We were currently rocking out to Beyonces' "Halo", and the music was none too quiet. Brandon looked at me and said, "Maybe we should shut the door.." Why? I asked - our kids were in there footy fleece jammies and had bright red faces! "Well, it is kind of late, and it is Valentines day and what if our neighbors here us blaring Halo...they might not think we're just having a dance party with our kids...." OH!! I then looked around the living room - there were two bowls filled with chocolate and whipped cream on the floor , two big blankets spread out, one of which was thoroughly splattered in melted chocolate, and the entire place was covered in fake rose petals (a table decoration that my kids thought made better confetti). "And"... I said... "What if that "said neighbor" came inside our house!" HAHH!! "Who knew," they would say, "that the John's were like .... that"! LAUGH!!!!
Luckily, we didn't have any visitors:)
I hope you all had a wonderful - and of course "G Rated":)- Valentines Day!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

You guys are so cute. What a fun day. Great work!!

Melanie Arkoudas said...

Love the t-shirts! so creative. And I am still laughing! glad you had a great V-day~!

Anonymous said...

I love your family's v-day celebration! And your kids are getting so big. I can't believe it! Good thing you have a blog so I can see you once in a while...

alananddanielle said...

I love the shirt idea. I may have to steal that one for next year. Glad you guys had a great holiday

{Ali•Rae•Lindhardt} said...

Oh super cute story TFS

Brooke said...

Oh, I just love your family Lesli.. and your house.. sigh. These are such a adorable pictures. And the t shirts are amazing. Thank you also for the info on that cottage, love it! We would love to stay here one day as well. Please post all about it when you go :)

Kaylinn said...

Fun to see you've updated your blog again. And I missed your birthday greetings again this year but happy birthday Lesli Love.

Marti said...

What fun! It sounds like you had a great Valentine's. Hope you are doing well!