Feb 13, 2010
The nights young...
It's only a quarter after one...in the morning, but I'm just not sleepy. Sometimes I don't like to go to sleep at night because mornings are a lot of work (probably because I'm so groggy - hmmm) and the sooner I sleep the sooner I have to get up, at least that's how it feels. So anyway, I don't want to forget this little story; a few weeks ago I was getting sweaty to "The Firm" in my living room while Grady was taking a nap and Clara was playing with her babies. She found this whole bucket full of doll clothes she hadn't played with in a while and kept coming and asking me to change her babies clothes - sometimes the same baby, (or bear or monkey or dinosaur) would go through three different outfits in the same amount of minutes. I wasn't really feeling the burn from my workout and that gets me a little frustrated - and I wasn't being very nice about it. Clara came back into the living room for the gazillionth time holding one of her babies, but this time she told me she was hungry. I told her to go get me an orange and I would peel it for her. She looked up at me with this huge smile on her face and said, "Mommy, thank you for making a good choice and using your happy words! Good job Mommy!" Then when she came back with her orange she said in her excited little voice, "You are being happy now, and not grumpy, huh!" Poor little girl - at least she's learning about choices! So so funny. Another funny, and a little embarrassing thing she's done for a while is this; I often correct her when she asks for things in her "grumpy" voice and tell her a nice way to say what she's asking for, like "I'd like some more juice, please". And I say that in my nicest, cheeriest voice. Well now whenever I tell her she needs to ask nice, she does....she mimics me perfectly and replies in this high, squeaky little voice. ---- It sounds just like mine:) Oh sweet girl...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is awesome! I love it when our babes put us in our place. She is a doll.
I love her sassiness!
Post a Comment