4:40 AM - Alarm goes off to "Crash" by Dave Mathews - very good sign
6:03 AM Make it the base of the canyon three minutes after it is supposed to be closed off for the the race. Must have gotten the good luck from Dave...
7:00 AM begin running our little guts (and knees and hips) out.
9:29.40 AM Cross the finish line! YAY! (Two and half hours is an extremely long time to run 13 miles, but hey, we did it! And sweet Brandon chugged along next to me the whole time when he could have jetted and left me in the dust). Feel like superwomen (only a little slower).
12:00 PM finally make it home, do a little family zone party (feet zone if you will) play with Grandma and Grandpa, make food, clean messy house, make cookies, work in yard, edge grass, etc etc.
4:30 PM Drive to Park City - walk around fun stores, purchase sweet little dragonfly necklace and meet our bestest friends the Marchants and the Jacksons for some yummy yummy pizza (mine had quacamole on it - what could be better than pizza and quac?)
5:30 Loose daughter. Six adults search and she is found outside the restaurant, around the corner and up a flight of stairs - apparently she wasn't just getting a refill with her dad. Feel like the worlds best parents.... (please tell us we aren't the only ones?)
7:30 PM Drive back to condo with wonderful dreams of putting our tired kids to bed then soaking in the hot tub and playing games with great friends
10:00 PM Get two screaming babies loaded back into the car along with our two pack n'plays, three bags, two pillows, three baby dolls, 5 binkies, one large noise blocker outer fan, and two extremely sore tired bodies, only left to imagine what that hot tub might have felt like.
11:00 PM Unload above objects, now changed to one sleeping baby plus one screaming baby - one sleepy Mamma, one zomby eyed Dadda and take into house. Put to bed Dadda, sleeping baby. Turn on KBYU to old Conference talks and place little lady on couch with four of the above mentioned binkies and one big blanket. Will shortly put tired Mamma next to cuddly, sometimes aggrivating, but always adorable little lady.
The End...GOOD NIGHT!
7 comments:
Good for you running a half marathong. THat is a goal of mine but I don't think I'll ever be able to do it. Way to Go!!
Les, way to run your guts out! Hope your knee didn't bug you too much. Oh and I still need to sit in on one of those foot zoning parties!
Oh Les, I am sorry about the kids. That is a bummer that they weren't as excited about your sleep over as you were! I am proud of your running though. You will always be someone I look up to....just not enough to do what you do!!!:))
Back in the day when I was in shape I ran one about 15 minutes faster, it's not an extremely long time, I was so happy with my time. You did awesome! Isn't it the greatest feeling to accomplish something like that?
I want to do another few in my life. They feel awesome.
It took about three days before my muscles were sore so prepare yourself for that! Bathe in epsom salt to pull out the lactic acid!
Way to go Les!!!! I'm pround of you! thanks for the sweet message today. loved it!
That is a cute blog entry! Wow! What an exhausting/fun/tiring day you had! I love to read about you two running together. I want to someday get to that point with my hubby!
good to know the binki thing isn't just my little guy
currently he has two binkies tied to one clip, which he happily trades when one gets to warm?
Post a Comment