May 14, 2009

After Thought

So I've been thinking - now that I've had four uninterrupted nights in a row (Grady boy you are a champ!) of what life will be like without little ones around. As tiring as life with a baby can be - knowing that you get to cuddle up with a little, warm, fuzzy body in the middle of the night to give sustenance is a very lovely, and comforting thing. I think when I go to sleep at night and realize that most likely (you never know with B:) no one will need me to come in and tickle their back and sing "three little ducks more times", I might just feel a teeny bit heart broken. Being rational, I know that I can't just have babies forever, but life without a chubby little monkey hanging onto my side all day just seems a little less happy.

6 comments:

Melanie Arkoudas said...

I am with you...hence the six kids:) I love your family photo by the way...very cute!

Calder Family said...

Love the photos Les! so cute! I hope you get more sleep soon you poor thing! I am not looking forward to the loss of it in four months! Can't wait to see you tommorrow!

Jenny said...

It is very true. I was up with Bailey last night from 1-3 and even though I missed out on some much needed sleep, I would not trade those late night snuggles for the world!

Katie Jane said...

Ahhhh, chunky monkey loves always brighten my day.

Britta said...

It is true, it's hard to think about the days when the babies will be gone.

Melissa said...

Leslie you've gone and made me all weepy with your last couple of posts. I have been extremely aware of how fast my baby is growing lately. I find myself watching her run around laughing and get all overwhelmed with emotion. Babies are such sweet blessing!