Sometimes I feel like my house is being lived in by someone other than myself. I would never let myself live in a place like mine looks sometimes! This morning I went outside to throw a dirty diaper away and when I walked back in the door I just kind of looked around in shock. How does a house implode on itself so fast! Grady had gone to get the mail for me and brought it in the family room and just threw it up in the air for all the little val pack coupons and grocery store ads to come raining down on him. Awesome. We slept in this morning so Clara and Gray hadn't taken their pj's back upstairs, but they had made it to the living room floor - along with their dirty underwear (and blankets and stuffed animals and a box of legos turned upside down, etc. etc.). I used to see underwear on peoples floor and think, "really?", how hard is it to keep underwear off your living room floor? I guess it can be a little tricky. The table was still set with our half eaten breakfast - the sink was full of dirty dishes, my cupboards are covered in random garden produce that is wonderfully spilling out of our ears which means there are fruit flies everywhere and then AND THEN lets just talk about Graham. This kid is crazy - he is constantly being given an apple or a cucumber from his thoughtful brother and sister and lately he doesn't like to eat it he just grins at you then takes a little nibble and spits them out all over my floor. Little trails of drooly half chewed food were everywhere this morning. He takes everything out of every cupboard or drawer he can open - pulls handfulls of dirt out of the house plants every time he crawls by and he found my oils book open from a zone last night and took all of those out for me too. My floor looked like someone had taken their dinner plate and very carefully crunched it up in there hands and sprinkled it all over my floor. My other thought when I would see houses like this was, "man where did the mom disappear to during the hour it took for all this to happen?" Not hours - minutes!!! I never knew.... and this isn't even taking into account the bedrooms and bathrooms! Clara put half a roll of toilet paper in their bathroom because she's a little anal (no pun intended) about making sure she's done a good job and clogged the toilet and grady was working on some project involving about a half cup of hand soap, some tea lights and several paperclips. Little brown chunks of soapy wax were all over the counter and the floor. Who lives in a house like that????? Gosh - what can I do but just laugh! Laugh and be glad I get three of them to pick up after. I just have to clean up what could cause a hazard or get stinky (and the dirty underwear) and get on with my day!
I'm looking at this muddy little face staring up at me on the porch (he found some dirt and started to eat it) and just thought (and I'm not gonna lie and say that thought didn't instantly bring big fat tears to my eyes) how horribly horribly terrible it would be to have to have to walk in that door and find a perfectly clean, quiet home. I choose this disaster any day.
.........tmi..... Gray just came out to tell me his sister forgot the toilet was still plugged and needs some toilet paper. super cool......
I'm looking at this muddy little face staring up at me on the porch (he found some dirt and started to eat it) and just thought (and I'm not gonna lie and say that thought didn't instantly bring big fat tears to my eyes) how horribly horribly terrible it would be to have to have to walk in that door and find a perfectly clean, quiet home. I choose this disaster any day.
.........tmi..... Gray just came out to tell me his sister forgot the toilet was still plugged and needs some toilet paper. super cool......
No comments:
Post a Comment