Mar 25, 2012

Valentines


I really think Valentines Day is my favorite holiday.  It just comes at a really good time in the year when you don't have a lot of other things to think about (at least for me), and it's cold and gray outside and fun to have a distraction. We've made some traditions over the years that I really love.  The one I've done the longest is make B a CD full of love songs.  I love this.  I spend the weeks before pouring over itunes listening to music and finding new favorites and new versions of old favorites and don't even feel guilty about spending my whole itunes card Brandon always gives me for Christmas.  We try to have a fun date some other night so that Valentines Day is all together.  I love this.  So much.  I try to make dinner feel super fancy and get out the pretty glasses we got when we were married and we eat crab legs and sparkling cider and always have berries and melted chocolate and whipped cream for dessert.  We eat our berries and chocolate and cream on a blanket on the family room floor because it's just better that way.  My kids love it and so do we.  



This is the 2nd time I've made us all shirts.  I did a few years ago and the kids loved it - last year I was still pretty sick with little Graham in my belly and opted out of the hassle.  We tie-dyed shirts the Monday before for FHE (which was really fun - fun to be a little creative sometimes) and then I hid them so that I could use a fabric marker on them to write my little messages.  For a few months now my kids think it's really funny when I tell them I think they are the bomb dot com.  Not sure why it came out the first time, it just did and they liked it.  After a while I would just tell them I thought they were the bomb and then they would fill in the "dot com" part.  So being the cool mom that I am (who obviously graduated from high school in '01), I rolled with that and came up with these.  They think they're pretty great.


 I made the shirts super late one night and by the time I got to make me and B's I was really tired and out of ideas.  So I made these little beauties.  And when I got all done and sat back to look at my handy work I about cried.  And then I laughed and laughed all by myself at one in the morning.  I got my signs mixed up.  I ALWAYS get my less than and greater than signs mixed up.  It's a curse.  So....... i love B less than the whole wide world - according to my shirt and he loves " > ( - than + lee) one whole ton".   Awesome.  I put little reverse signs above it, but what do you do?  Giggle and tell your husband you really do love him even though his little shirt you stayed up all night making says otherwise.


Clara and Grady agreed they do love him most. 



A pretty awesome dance party ensued. . . . .


 followed by an attempt to get a picture of all of us without any heads cut off - harder than it sounds



 Happy Valentines Day my little family.  I love you sooo much! My gosh look at those two - who wouldn't love 'em?

1 comment:

Paul & Ash said...

love it! :) you are such a dang cute mom!