Dec 18, 2011

christmas trees

sunset snow angels


Grady's ode to "The Christmas Story"


I cut down our tree myself this year.... it took a minute;)

There was the most beautiful sunset that night - someone tell that lady to pull her hat down ....


she's cute isn't she.  loves her new pink snow clothes this year



The hunt this year started out great (other than I was leaving Graham for the first time that day and wasn't quite ready for it:()  Clara and Grady were ready and rearin' to go.  The snow was deep though and their enthusiasm began to wane after we had found our tree. B was up ahead of us pulling the tree on the hike back and Grady had completely given up and Clara was.... Clara.  I was carrying Grady (not in the best shape of my life right now) and got pretty tired after a while.  I needed a break so I  sat Grady down and he got mad and he did something very naughty.  I plopped his bum down (a little harder than I should have) on the side of the trail and told him he was in time out and went back to get Clara who had melted on the side of the trail in a heap of tears lamenting that she couldn't go one step further. I hauled her up to where Grady was bawling and I thought I would soon be in tears!  It was about that time that Byron found us, he said he would pick up Gray and I told him not to touch him because he was in time out --- what he must have thought!  But we made it - and we even look so cheery in these pictures:)  My kids fell a sleep the minute we got them in the car and we had a peaceful drive through the dusky mountains on the way back to Rexburg.  And I even got a veggie burrito from Gringo's that night.  Happy Thanksgiving.  

1 comment:

The Marchant's said...

And when your kids grow up, who will remember the crap. It was always fun getting the tree. Everyone was happy and loved it. See? Look at the pictures! :)