I think one of my favorite things about being a mom is hearing all the funny stuff my kids say as they are learning new things. A week or so ago Grady had been out foraging in the garden and came in the door with this look of amazement and said in his little man voice, "look Mom, I found this huge ba-kini! - Now we can make some ba-kini bread!!" Even funnier was the fact that he was holding a cucumber, not a zucchini:). I was laying by Clara last night and she was all worried about something and kept saying she wasn't going to get the right "amount-ment" instead of amount. And I think my all time favorite might just be the "hellicans" that we go see down by the lake. I never correct my kids - never ever ever. I figure someone else will tell them too soon anyway and hopefully that won't get teased too much along the way! I love those two.
I love them even when they are just a little bit naughty. A little while ago I decided I just wanted to enjoy my lunch in solitude and pretend I didn't know my kids were in jumping on my bed. My lunch was lovely - the aftermath not so much. I had about five loads of laundry folded on my floor and when I walked in my bedroom I found they they had used my piles as there landing pad along with talking all of the sheets and blankets and pillows off my bed to add to the pile. I about yelled but stopped for two seconds and decided to grab the camera instead. That doesn't always happen:) (side note, whenever they do this - jump off the couch or off the bed into a pile of stuff, they call it a "master party" ???? - not sure where that comes from). At least I got some cute pictures - and what mom doesn't know you can't leave piles of clean clothes laying on the floor? Lessons re-learned, lovely quiet lunch eaten.
3 comments:
The things they come up with are too funny, lol! It is so cute to see their little minds working ;) What cuties. Hope you guys are having a great summer since it's soon coming to a close! What the heck?? Oh well I LOVE Fall, it is winter I'm not sure about.
They made jumping on that bed look way too much fun! I almost want to join in. Glad to see that you guys are doing good.
IF someone ever asked me for a parenting tip, that's what it would be, "Never go searching for the kids unless you have a camera in your hand."
but no one has asked.
Still, I find that when I do that I love life/parenting a lot more.
The two milliseconds it takes to take a picture are usually enough to see the humor and a little bit more of the big picture. Which helps me calm down usually enough to handle things like a sane adult.
Post a Comment