Apr 14, 2010

My Sweetest Tootie

My little Tootie is 3 years old today. I think that for the rest of my life seeing blossoms on the trees in the spring will remind me about the day my sweet Clara was born. I wish I could describe just what it was like the minute that they finally placed her in my arms. Surreal. I couldn't imagine another little person ever fitting there as perfect as she did. Clara is starting to not fit so perfect in my arms these days, and it makes both of us a little uneasy. If I could freeze her for a minute, I would freeze her right now. She is the sweetest little being I think I could imagine - she is incredibly sensitive, possibly to a fault - and catches on to everything. Everything I'm ever feeling, and usually before anyone else does. She is quick to tell me thank you - for everything (thank you for this most delicious dinner Mommy, thank you for making my hair look so beautiful today), and even quicker to tell me sorry - for everything. (Sorry for my runny nose Mommy, sorry for Grady hitting me Mommy, Sorry for crying Mommy, etc.) She melts my heart this little Lady. She is definitely 3; in attitude and in her amazing ability to melt into a tantrum faster than it takes me to blink. But it's okay. She'll learn and change and that will mean that she's grown up. And I just can't deal with that yet. So... bring on the tantrums sister (they're spare enough) and please just stay three for a few more years. You are one of the three best presents I could ever imagine.








5 comments:

Shannon said...

She is so beautiful. It is sad how fast they grow. You want to hang on to every moment but at the same time are happy for them to be out of the stage they are in sometimes. There are days I look forward to quietness in this house but then I know when it comes I will miss the running and shreeks of joy and little boy army tanks that are entirely too loud for anyone. Happy Birthday to your little one.

Aaron said...

Beautiful Clara. I am so grateful to have such a sweet little girl live next to my boys. They adore her, and the day isn't too far away when they will be fighting over her. Happy Birthday!

Brian, Annalee and Ava said...

She is so pretty. I know what you mean about not grewing up I hate how fast it goes, but I love every moment. Happy birthday Clara You are such a sweet heart. Dont grew up to fast.

alananddanielle said...

What a little cutie! I loved the first picture of you both together, what a sweet moment.

kkoyle said...

Oh, how fast they grow. It is so beautiful and yet just a little sad to see your little girls grow up so fast! I know that mine doesn't quite fit as easily into my arms either, but it is a treat isn't.