May 11, 2009

Momentous

I need to let the world know that last night I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 6:30. At no time during those eight hours (read 8 hours) did I wake up! Grady slept through the night for the first time in his entire life. I did not wake up to use the bathroom, to listen for crying babies, or to look at the clock and think "when will I hear those crying babies?" I slept all night long! It's been well over two years since I've had this experience, and it was amazing! For those who may think this sounds silly - it may be - but for me..... it's HUGE!!!! Also..... we had our family pictures taken on sat. and I saw some of them today on the cute girl's blog who took them for us. I'm so excited! Clara was a tiny stink the whole time and Gray was not even his happy little self for the most part - but the ones I've seen turned out so cute! I was a little nervous when she suggested we all get in our bed together.... but even those turned out really fun. If anyone needs an awesome photographer, and wants to see the cute pictures she took of us her site is --- ashleymaephoto.com/blog

8 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Oh and your kiddos were so good! I promise we got some amazing smiles! Cant wait to get the disc to you :)

BTW if you want to copy the pics on my blog (right click and save) you totally can if you want to post some on your blog, until I get you the rest of them soon!

Shannon said...

Um, could you be any more of a super model? you are absolutely beautiful. I could be very jealous and am a little but I'm fighting it back. all of those pictures are breathtaking. If I lived there I would hire her in a second. Does she have any recommendations for the St. Louis area? Those are the types of pictures I'm looking for. Except mine won't look as good, I'm not the super model type.

glad you got some sleep. I heart sleep.

Amy F. said...

I had to check out her blog (I love photography), and those are sooo cute!! Isn't it amazing how creative photographers are? Those rings are super cute too.

Ashley said...

What a cute family!! Loved the pictures. You all look so perfect and you are one HOT MAMA!! :)
Anyway, I can totally relate to the sleeping thing. I remember ONE time since Coop was born that I fell asleep and woke up in the morning. Even when Coop was sleeping through the night my body was used to waking up. So sad. Hopefully the day comes soon when I can join you in your sleep and hopefully Grady keeps this up!!

Jenny said...

Isn't sleep the best. Samantha and Bailey both took FOREVER to sleep all night. Both of them are pretty good now, but there are still nights I wake up and have to go check on both of them.

Coretta from Confetti said...

good to hear from you Leslie, glad you found my blog. I know what sleeping 8 hours straight means... what a big deal it is. Congrats. I get six right now if I'm lucky... but that's pretty great considering I have a 4 week old. :)

Brooke said...

A full night's rest, awesome Lesli! That's wonderful... I bet you were a new woman that day :) So, your pictures are amazing. She did a wonderful job and you all look fantastic!!! I love what a great mommy you are to those cute babies of yours. Where did you get those rings?!

Shannon said...

I need your email address Lesli, I need to catch you up on stuff and Marc and I want to come stay with you guys for a day or so in the summer. I think we just invited ourselves but I was hoping that would be okay. My email is shannonmrobinson@gmail.com