May 5, 2009

Goodbye Boys....



So I feel like I need to give a formal "farewell" to the poor little dogs in my life who went the way of the earth this past week:(
Poor Ashley lost both of her dogs in one week. The dog that she got as a little girl that was really my families dog as I was growing up, started getting really skinny a few months ago. My Dad paid Ashley $20 bucks to take him to the vet (I know this because I was there when the offer was made - my Dad apparently hates taking animals to the vet) and she found out he had Diabetes - awful - the poor pup must have been eating too many sweets. Anyway, he disappeared a few weeks ago and hasn't come back. So sad. To make matters much worse though - a few days after the disappearance of Ed, Ashley's little poodle who really was more of her baby than her puppy - got hit by a car in front of her house. How awfully sad is that! The poor girl has been through the wringer. So here is my official shout out to the sweet dogs that brought lots of laughs to me and to my kids.

Ed is the German Shepherd, Bentley is the little poodle.
This picture has nothing to do with the dogs, but It just makes me think about how much of this year I have spent holding two babies!

3 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

And what great dogs they were! I loved your post below. It is good to enjoy this moment in our lives. The time just passes so quickly!

Amy F. said...

How sad. It is never easy to lose a pet ("baby"). Always fun memories though. I love dogs so much, so I understand. We lost our 'baby' a few years back when he was only about 2 years old. Hang in there!

Brooke said...

So sad about the dogs :( On a lighter note: You have been blogging! I nearly gave up on your blog, haha. Les, thanks for your nice comment. That was way encouraging. I get SO frustrated sometimes with the photography bus so thank you a million times over. :) And, you guys look wonderful. I need to read your blogs. I quickly read about you loving being surrounded by your cute kids.. that made me quite sentimental and it was a good reminder to bask in this time while they are young.. and be in the moment!