Sometimes I feel like I don't really "say it like it is" when I'm blogging, because I don't want to be all personal and mushy for people (some who I may not even know!) to see - but right now I'm in kind of a thoughtful mood - probably because it's after midnight and my babies are sleeping peacefully - and I just want to remember how I feel at this very moment in my life. This world, and so much of what is in it is crazy! Life is crazy, but I'm so thankful that I'm a mom. There is nothing happier or sweeter in this entire world. Taking care of and playing with Clara and Grady every day is the most wonderful thing I've ever been able to do in my entire life - sometimes I don't really feel like I should be so lucky to have them around me. Some days are really long, and some moments seem really long, but the weeks seem to go by so fast and I'm already starting to panic about what life will be like without a little baby around. Grady is fast becoming a pre-toddler if you will, and I just want to hold his little baby toes in my hands and keep them there forever and never let them grow. Oh he is sweet - and and sassy as Clara is, she is extremely thoughtful and so loving. A few weeks ago me and Clara had had a rough day - she was having a hard time going to bed and wanted to talk about everything that had happened. She started with that morning when her friends had come over for play group and said "Friends house, I cryin" and I said "yep when you're friends were here you were crying huh" then she said "Wiggles on, I cryin" and I said "yep you were even crying when the Wiggles were on". She was telling me all this in her pouty, sad voice when all the sudden she calmed down and smiled at me and said, "Mommy, Jesus giving Clara Hugs!" We had just said prayers and asked that Jesus would help Clara to feel better and to be happy. I asked her what she meant and she said " I happy, Jesus Hugs!" I asked her if she felt like Jesus was hugging her and helping her to feel better, and she just smiled and said "Yep, Jesus hugs!" She calmed right down, told me good night, and went to sleep. I just stood there for a minute so overwhelmed with how much my Heavenly Father wants to help my sweet little Girl feel happy inside, and how easily she can recognize that help. I can't even say how grateful I am for that! I wish I could just hold on to this little moment of time of my life and never let it go, and never let anything bad or hurtful into my children's lives. I don't really know how I would face such a hardened world that I have brought these two sacred little beings into without the amazing Peace of the gospel.
May 4, 2009
Just Thinking
Sometimes I feel like I don't really "say it like it is" when I'm blogging, because I don't want to be all personal and mushy for people (some who I may not even know!) to see - but right now I'm in kind of a thoughtful mood - probably because it's after midnight and my babies are sleeping peacefully - and I just want to remember how I feel at this very moment in my life. This world, and so much of what is in it is crazy! Life is crazy, but I'm so thankful that I'm a mom. There is nothing happier or sweeter in this entire world. Taking care of and playing with Clara and Grady every day is the most wonderful thing I've ever been able to do in my entire life - sometimes I don't really feel like I should be so lucky to have them around me. Some days are really long, and some moments seem really long, but the weeks seem to go by so fast and I'm already starting to panic about what life will be like without a little baby around. Grady is fast becoming a pre-toddler if you will, and I just want to hold his little baby toes in my hands and keep them there forever and never let them grow. Oh he is sweet - and and sassy as Clara is, she is extremely thoughtful and so loving. A few weeks ago me and Clara had had a rough day - she was having a hard time going to bed and wanted to talk about everything that had happened. She started with that morning when her friends had come over for play group and said "Friends house, I cryin" and I said "yep when you're friends were here you were crying huh" then she said "Wiggles on, I cryin" and I said "yep you were even crying when the Wiggles were on". She was telling me all this in her pouty, sad voice when all the sudden she calmed down and smiled at me and said, "Mommy, Jesus giving Clara Hugs!" We had just said prayers and asked that Jesus would help Clara to feel better and to be happy. I asked her what she meant and she said " I happy, Jesus Hugs!" I asked her if she felt like Jesus was hugging her and helping her to feel better, and she just smiled and said "Yep, Jesus hugs!" She calmed right down, told me good night, and went to sleep. I just stood there for a minute so overwhelmed with how much my Heavenly Father wants to help my sweet little Girl feel happy inside, and how easily she can recognize that help. I can't even say how grateful I am for that! I wish I could just hold on to this little moment of time of my life and never let it go, and never let anything bad or hurtful into my children's lives. I don't really know how I would face such a hardened world that I have brought these two sacred little beings into without the amazing Peace of the gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lesli, that totally made me cry! How sweet is she! I so enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your cute family.
I just have to say dido! What would I do without just a few snippets of peace now and again. I am so grateful that I know where that peace comes from.
Post a Comment