Apr 15, 2009

Spring Break!!!

Okay so you don't really have "spring break" in the real world post high school but my family used to always go down to St. George (with all the girls - wasn't that so fun! - by the way, we "dragged the boulevard" on a Friday night and it was completely dead - ha ha:) for spring break - and they still do over Easter usually. The last few years Brandon has worked for a super busy accounting firm, and leaving town before April 15 was not at all possible - but we got to go down this year with my parents and my sister and her family, and it was great! Other than the scare with Carter at the splash pad - (the theory that if a child holds his breath so long he'll pass out and then start breathing doesn't hold true for this kid - he passes out and takes a good twenty seconds to breath!) we had a very fun time. We had Clara's 2nd birthday party while we were there. How did she become two years old? She should still be my little baby! Somehow over the last few months she went from this fun, crazy little one year old - to a fun, incredibly sweet, crazy, sassy pants, emotion filled two year old! She's just so....two! Before she blew out the candles on her cake, I dipped her finger in the icing so she could try it - bad bad idea - that made her hands "muddy", ruined the cake, and made it so that she wouldn't blow out the candles, or try a single bite. The last few days I've been asking her if she had a fun birthday - she says "muddy hands, not like it!" Poor girl, I'm already ruining her parties.... Grady was such a trooper and slept the whole way there and back, and even dealt with sleeping in the tiny closet at the condo - well, that's after the first night of me making a bed for him on the floor of the closet and him bonking his head every time he rolled over - after that we purchased our 2nd porta crib - if anyone needs a loner, come to us! Not many people own two! Anyway, thank you thank you Mom and Dad for such a fun Easter - and for putting up with so many crazy kids!

pre "muddy hands" notice happy looking smile

Clara didn't love her stick on earings, but Grady did (so did Brandon he he)



Pure new trike glee

She "not like" Mrs. Potato Head, but she Loved her new trike

Handsome boys


What a cute little group walking home from Church

"I'm so tired!"

Gray's Easter loot


Somehow Easter egg hunts here have gone from actually hunting for little plastic eggs - to just throwing a whole ton of candy in a big field and letting the kids go nuts

"Hey Guys"

So did Carter - prior to the head bonk that lead to his unconsciousness:(

She LOVED this!

Carter and Clara "Fishin"

Clara has this Sesame Street DVD called "Love The Earth" and at the end they have all the little kids go and hug a tree - don't worry Dad, I'm not raising liberals - anyway, Clara now thinks it's so fun to hug trees - ha ha

Cute Grady Monkey

So cute - would you believe he is four and half months younger than Mayah?

10 comments:

Ashley said...

What good memories I have of high school spring breaks!! We had such a great time every year. Clara is such a cute two year old. Isn't it crazy the things that can bug a toddler? Such a cute family!!

kkoyle said...

Oh my goodness, Reese's phrase is "my hands dirty." and the whole world stops at that point. And I have to admit I love that she wouldn't eat her cake, because either would Reese...Good thing our daughters are adorable!

Darin and Joanna said...

Cute pics Les. I love the one of Carter, pre-accident. I don't know if I will ever get him to a splash pad again so that picture may be priceless! We had a fun weekend!

Darin and Joanna said...

By the way. Myah isn't spelled Mayah...come on Les!

The Robinson's said...

You are such a beautiful family. I love to see the joy in your children and your eyes. Happy times! Good to see you (at least through pictures). I think we might be coming through next month for Chelsea's sealing. I'm sure Marc will contact B. He misses him, hes like a little school girl without his friend. I hope all is well with you guys.

Katie Jane said...

What lovers! I love Easter because of all the spring colors and your spring break looked so sunny and nice! Your kids are so darling. Where are you living these days?

Anonymous said...

Good memories for sure. And your kids are SOOOO adorable. Clara is crazy. I love it.

hollyhopper said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish we could of made it. Sorry we missed Clara's bday! (Don't tell Gab ;))
Glad it was so fun! love ya,

Britta said...

seeing the pictures makes me miss you more :( Your kids are so cute!

McCoy Family said...

Your kids are darling. I can't believe I've never seen them in person. That's fun you got to go away for Easter this year - St. George is a good place:) we like it! Looks like things are great.