Jun 8, 2008
The last month or so has made me think so much about how tender life is, and how quick things can happen that can change it so drastically. A few weeks ago we went up to Boise to B's cousins funeral. He was a 29 year old body builder with a baby girl when they found he had several tumors in his brain. He wrote down his testimony before he died and asked Brandon's brother to read it at the funeral. Watching his 25 year old wife close his casket was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Also, a few weeks ago, one of my neighbors and friends lost her sweet baby girl that she was expecting. She was due the day before me. It took her two days to deliver her little baby - and the whole experience was just heart breaking for her and all of us who love her family. I am so grateful for all the people that I have to love in my life - and for all the things around me that make me so happy. Sorry to be so dreary, but I just need to remind myself every once in a while to not take anything for granted. At my Dr.'s appointment last week I found out that my little bean already weighs 3 1/2 lbs and is 15 inches long! I'm so excited to meet this little person, and even happy right now for toes in my ribs......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That makes me so sad. I'm so sorry. That is heart-wrenching Leslie.
These things do make you take a step back and look at all you have to be grateful for.
Thanks, Les. It's always good to be reminded about how precious life is. I miss you...my email is katybwass@gmail.com. We should get together sometime. Tell Brandon, I'm sorry to hear about his cousin.
Post a Comment