Jul 26, 2012

4th of July

The 4th of July was a little crazy but we saw and did a whole lot of fun things.   Including;
-Fireworks at Lundstrom park with my family,
-Boating at twin lakes the next day with my Mom, Jo, Carter and Myah,
-Stopping at lava hot springs en route to Rexburg,
-BEAR WORLD!!! woot woot - I have wanted to go to bear world since the very 1st time I drove to Rexburg - now 11 years later my dreams have finally been fulfilled:)
-Making a TON of pizza in Byron's awesome pizza oven - their backyard now feels like some fancy resort and the pizza was sooooo good. Some of the best I've ever had.
- The awesome splash park in Rexburg - coolest I've ever seen
- Messa falls en route to Island Park
- Harriman state park and the lovely yurt.  I really can't get enough of the that place.  So pretty and so fun to camp with a bed and a wood burning stove and a plexi glass window in the roof so you can see the stars at night.
- Church in Island Park - they had two chapels full, a big grassy hill full of people, the gym, and several rooms all packed for sacrament meeting.  I've never seen so many people at church in my life.
- Big Springs - beautiful. And the little historic cabin built right by them was amazing.
But I think my favorite part of the whole week was taking a walk one morning while we were at the John's down by the warm slough and just sitting by the pretty river and listening to nothing but quiet morning sounds.  So calming.  I needed that after all of the above mentioned busyness.

 Clara's festive glow stick hair -

 That bag to the left is chuck full of my mom's caramel popcorn... yum
 The hot pools at Lava felt nice on a rainy day
 "Wo! Did you just seeeeee that!" Gray's reaction from the back seat while driving through bear world.
 A little grizzly bear rompin' around behind my baby's head.
 B pretending to be as excited as I am to finally be driving through bear world!
 look at that tiniest cub...... geez


 Messa falls - beautiful

See those huge sticks Gray's got?  That's what he intended to roast his hot dog with.  Clara was more interested in styling my hair than roasting hot dogs and Graham was more interested in stuffing as much dirt into his mouth as he could get in his chubby little fist. 
Clara's Heaven - a field full of wild flowers.



Hmm - I have a few more but blogger isn't too excited about me downloading them.   So I think the question isn't what did we do over the 4th, but what didn't we do.  Whew.... I really love doing new things with my kids though.  Watching them have new adventures is so exciting to me.  That's what we called this trip - one big adventure.  After each day they would ask what adventure we were going to have the next.  One story about Clara I don't want to forget;  When we went boating Clara decided she didn't like the boat too much.  I know she really does like it, but Myah doesn't and whatever Myah feels, Clara usually has to feel too.  So me and Max were out on the tube and Brandon was driving us around all crazy and flipped us right off.  Joanna watched as Clara went underneath the little seat in the back, kneel down and fold her arms and close her eyes.  When she came back Jo asked her if she was saying a prayer.  She kind of smiled and said no, and then said she was - she just needed to make sure Heavenly Father would keep me safe.  Brandon asked her what she was praying for a little later too and she told him the same but added, "I also asked him if he could please keep her safe right now, cause you know how some prayers he can't answer for a long time?  Well I needed to make sure God knew he needed to answer this prayer right now."  Gosh I love her.  So what does any good mom do after their sweet little daughter does something like that and then won't go for a tube ride?  Agree with her dad to pick up her crying little body and put it on the tube with him, whether she wanted to or not.  She'll like it once she starts right..... darn't?!!! After listening to her cry for two spins around the lake I finally stopped and let them come in.  Hmmm - in our defense she had just ridden the colossus and the white roller coaster the week before and LOVED them.  The made up mind of a 5 year old is a pretty strong thing.  Grady decided he didn't like the boat this year either, too bad. Oh well, it was still quite the week.


1 comment:

Katy said...

My dearest Lesli,
I decided to do some blog stocking tonight since I have neglected the hobby for a couple years now, and came across your blog. Yours was only the second blog I got too, since I became so enthralled that I have spent the last hour catching up on your beautiful life. From the tulips in Amsterdam to the sleepless nights with Graham, I just couldn't stop reading! What a fantastic writer, photographer, mother, and person you have become...I mean you were always great, but now you are just super-duper great.=) It made me think about our fun times together, your laugh, and just life in general. Thanks for sharing yourself with me tonight! You are a truly delightful person and I am left wishing that we could spend more time together. Let's plan a play date in the near future...pretty please.