May 26, 2012

spring

I feel like we've been in a whirl wind since we got home from Holland.  We (meaning B) tore out a ton of grass in our back yard and doubled our garden space, started digging a hole for the tramp, made a big spot for a patio (YAHOO!!!!) and I have feebly been attempting to put together the play set we got.  So far the a-frame for the swing set it built .... I'm on page 4 of like 30 something in the instruction manual. Brandon has been busy with work and we have been trying so hard to get this little community garden down the street up and running.  Our board says no - we say too bad we're doing it anyway.  Kind of.  that's kind of the interaction we've had.  Turning a patch of weeds and dead sod into a garden and getting enough people to promise their lives that they'll take care of their plot all summer and trying to get the backing of the HOA board has been 100 x's more work than I thought it would be - and it's all been 3 years in the making!!!! Who cares if a some people grow a few vegetables in a little patch of weeds?!!! Whew it's making me tired just thinking of all the work we've got to do this weekend to get that patch of weeds planted.

On a happier, sadder, more sentimental note - Clara graduated from pre-school yesterday.  She was darling.  Sat up there with her little legs crossed, tucking her tongue into her cheek to keep from smiling every time she looked at me and got embarrassed.  Mrs. Brooke said how sweet Clara was and how excited her Kindergarten teacher will be to have such a kind girl in her class next year.  She also said what a good friend she was and how much she loved art time.  They had a little program and she was... shy-ly confident while she sang.

Spring is almost over and it makes me so sad!  I sat out in the dirt a week or so ago and pulled weeds and it was morning time and the sun was warm on my neck and was just sitting right in the cool wet dirt not caring at all how muddy I was getting - pulling those weeds right out of that soft dirt and it was just the nicest I've felt in a long time!!  

1 comment:

mikeandang said...

Wow. You're making me tired. But I'm impressed with your carpentry/instruction manual reading skills. I sure don't got 'em. Good luck! Let us know when it's done so we can come over and crash your yard!