Mar 29, 2012

skiing

I'm not sure how we've made it work, but we have and it's been great.  We got the "pass of all passes" this year and paid $100 for 5 days of skiing for our whole family.  That is quite the pass isn't it.  The first time we went B strapped Grahama lama to his chest and I about melted I was so nervous that a strap was going to break and my little 3 month old child was going to go tumbling to the ground off the lift or that someone was going to smash into Brandon and he was going to fall and Graham was going to hit his head on a rock and I just was so scared I kind of wanted to cry and go home.  We didn't do that again.  So this was how we would roll.  We took lots of food and coloring books and the ino-tab (sp?) and the kindle and we would set up camp at the lodge at Brighton and one of us would go out for a while and then one of us would take one of the kids and then switch and let the other child go out and then repeat until it was time to go home.  And Graham would pose for pictures in the lodge and take little cat naps in his infant carrier.  We would pack all our stuff (and can I say just how much stuff we have when we go skiing?  HOLY COW) into a giant duffle bag, kids ski's and all and then just haul the whole thing up to the table where we were sitting.  Clara and Gray would make a little tent under the table with our ski clothes and could have stayed there coloring and playing games all day.  And they would, for several hours anyway. Some guy looked at us one day and with a long whistle said, "wow........ this is quite the production isn't it?"  Yes sir it is and you weren't around for the two hours before that we spent getting ready for this ski day!  But it's been so fun and for the first time in my whole entire life I am kind of sad the snow is melting!! 
 Gray's dang proud of those shark ski socks of his.
 And I'm dang proud of him.
 Brighton had these cool snow figures that we saw last time we were up there.  Clara thought they were cool but had already gotten all comfy in the car with her princess coloring book to actually get out of the car and look at them.
 my monkeys
 He's already too cool to smile for his mom.  Stinker
 He's gonna raise a little herd of skiers if it kills him.  or me.  Okay no one will die, but we might be dang tired.  I figure at least I'm tired in the mountains and that's way better than being tired anywhere else.

And one more of him, because really?  I know I know -  I just can't get over this boy.  He makes my heart all gooey just thinking about him.  What happy memories we will have of these days.