You're smiling aren't you? Handsome little monkey isn't he.
He slept last night - not in our arms, not for a few solid hours, but all night long. He slept in his bed at night time for the first time in his entire life. Rarely does this kid sleep for longer than an hour or two at night before waking up and needing to be persuaded back to sleep - and that's while he's being held all night. That persuading sometimes took a couple hours. I haven't been doing so hot. This might be okay if he slept during the day and we could catch up - days were worse - 20 minutes here and there and holy cow how can he be so adorable and so uncomfortable in his own skin? We were usually both exhausted and in tears by the end of the day (and sometimes the start of the day and the middle of the day - without sleep it all just kind of melts together) I took him to my chiropractor a few weeks ago - I was zoning him and ecstatic to feel his little hip felt a little funny and I had an excuse to try something else. It was a tiny bit out of place again, but the dr. also did a cranial sacral release on him and we went home and he went to bed. Started taking real naps - 2 hours at a time. I started breathing a little slower - and had the energy to deal with some blah health stuff that I've been dealing with but was just too tired to try to tackle. Can I say how much I love Dr. Randy? I'm more thankful for him than I can say. He's gone back a few times since and after whole lot of prayers for patience and direction things are slowly getting so much better. I was so amazed last night I could hardly sleep! I was in his room half the night just watching his little back move up and down in awe that this was my little baby. I'm kind of sad at the way I've reacted on this no sleep spurt in my life - I've taken it out on Clara and Grady and feel so down about it. It's so hard to think and care and love when you are tired and sick. But - it's okay. I'm trying and it's okay. I think a lot about what life would be like if the Savior were with me - in his earthly body, helping me do the things I'm doing. And while I know he would never condone me being grumpy with my kids - I do think there would be times when he would look at me, hug me, and tell me that it's okay. That I can say sorry and try again. I'm so grateful he gave me the gift of always being able to try again.
now.....drum roll...... more "cute things my kids say!" woot - woot
setting; we're reading scriptures (that always seems to be when the funniest things come up, try explaining a golden calf made out of earings to a three year old, and people dancing around it naked - makes for some pretty memorable comments). Anyway, we were talking about he plan of salvation and how we can be together as a family forever if we follow the commandments. Grady looks at Clara and says, "Cwara, when you grow up to be a mommy, I'm gonna marry you, okay?". Clara thinks about it for a minute and says, "Well maybe. I need to think about." "Gray puts his chin down on his chest and says "Oh." Seriously? Sweetest thing I've ever heard.
Clara still prays for every little ailment any of us ever have - she's also been praying that Graham will sleep and was so excited that her prayers were answered last night. Such a sweet experience for me to see how thankful she was. She still blesses "Daddy's eyes will get better" from when he had lasik almost two months ago and the cutest is how she says "And please Mom won't get the kidneys anymore".
Today Gray was in the tub and when I asked him if he was ready to get out he stood up looked over his whole body then looked in each arm pit and said, "Yep, even my ticklers look pretty clean!" Good thing he's got clean ticklers! I love those two.
4 comments:
Lesli, your little guy is darling. I will agree that it makes a world of difference when they start sleeping. I am glad that he is sleeping and hope that he keeps it up.
Oh, cuteness. They grow up way too fast. Don't beat yourself up too much. That's just part of a new sleepless baby, and the kids have already forgotten. Love you, friend. We need to play soon.
i ditto ang...and i need to kiss that baby.
Oh my goodness! He is such a cute little guy!
Post a Comment