today I was putting coconut oil all over Grady's chapped little cheeks and lips. He sat there all sour face and grimacing and as soon as I walked away madly began wiping it off saying in a terse little voice, "THIS IS GONNA MAKIN ME CRAAAAZYYYYYY!!!!!"
Tonight I just wanted to climb into Grady's cozy little bed, cuddle up and fall asleep. I didn't want to come downstairs and change my clothes and put the sheets back on my bed and wash my face and floss and brush and take my pills and start the dishwasher and change the laundry and yada yada yada - blah blah blah. I just wanted to fall a sleep and pretend I didn't have a chubby little baby downstairs asleep on his dad's chest that wouldn't soon need a little snack. But Clara and Gray just kept talking and laughing - laughing so hard Clara was having a hard time breathing.
Gray would say, "ice cweam!!!" and clara would laugh her little pants off. Then Gray would say "Hey, ice cweam, I scweam!!!!!" and they both would laugh so hard they would have little tears coming down their cheeks. Then Gray would say another meaningless word, "Glass!" and it would start all over. Then they would both quit laughing and let out a long sigh at the exact same time - and that was incredibly funny as well and the whole thing would start all over. No cozy nap in Gray's bed tonight. Now I'm down here listening to my two other favorite boys asleep on the couch snoring - because I know, I just know that if I go do all that above mentioned work as soon as I slip under those freshly washed sheets somebody will be ready to eat.
now sitting next to me is Gray - (even though I promised swirlies, wedgies and noogies if either one of them got out of bed, right after I told them how much i love them forever and ever (obviously) - my threats are meaningless.....weird) he just said, "Mom - I have a favor." me; "What?" him; "I'm sick." me; "Do you know what will help? Sleep." him; "wat doesn't help me a bit. I'm just not fiwwing good."
I'm not fiwwing good either. good night:)
Tonight I just wanted to climb into Grady's cozy little bed, cuddle up and fall asleep. I didn't want to come downstairs and change my clothes and put the sheets back on my bed and wash my face and floss and brush and take my pills and start the dishwasher and change the laundry and yada yada yada - blah blah blah. I just wanted to fall a sleep and pretend I didn't have a chubby little baby downstairs asleep on his dad's chest that wouldn't soon need a little snack. But Clara and Gray just kept talking and laughing - laughing so hard Clara was having a hard time breathing.
Gray would say, "ice cweam!!!" and clara would laugh her little pants off. Then Gray would say "Hey, ice cweam, I scweam!!!!!" and they both would laugh so hard they would have little tears coming down their cheeks. Then Gray would say another meaningless word, "Glass!" and it would start all over. Then they would both quit laughing and let out a long sigh at the exact same time - and that was incredibly funny as well and the whole thing would start all over. No cozy nap in Gray's bed tonight. Now I'm down here listening to my two other favorite boys asleep on the couch snoring - because I know, I just know that if I go do all that above mentioned work as soon as I slip under those freshly washed sheets somebody will be ready to eat.
now sitting next to me is Gray - (even though I promised swirlies, wedgies and noogies if either one of them got out of bed, right after I told them how much i love them forever and ever (obviously) - my threats are meaningless.....weird) he just said, "Mom - I have a favor." me; "What?" him; "I'm sick." me; "Do you know what will help? Sleep." him; "wat doesn't help me a bit. I'm just not fiwwing good."
I'm not fiwwing good either. good night:)
![]() |
| it's a darn good thing they are so cute |
Good night in a minute. I figure we need a new picture on here of Graham lama, chub a goo, too. I know, you just want to kiss those soft little squishy cheeks don't you? I promise they are even softer than they look. I think that maybe, just maybe if I'm really lucky, he will have brown eyes. Yesterday, Clara had a friend over and as I was rocking Graham to sleep they were playing hide and seek - shrieking and yelling and screaming as only 4 year old girls can do. I popped my head out the door and told them I was putting Graham to sleep and could they please play upstairs for a little bit. I sat back down in the chair and heard a little voice say, "Clara, why is your mom putting your Grandma to sleep in there?" So funny.....



No comments:
Post a Comment