favorite words these days- aminals, cimmanon and regot. Forever ago, (like probably 9 years) I used to always say "regot" instead of forgot, because that's what my cute niece Gab always said and I thought it was so funny. Brandon didn't think it was so cute when I said it though (weird I know). He used to tell me I'd better quit or one day our kids would think that was really how you said it. I quit. Fast forward 9 years and much to my delight (and without one single prompt I swear!) both my kids quite frequently "regot" things. love it.
Clara and Gray - when you were first old enough to ask what it was that I was making you take every night - and not really wanting to explain what a vitamin was - I told you I was giving you after dinner mints. Every day for a few years now, you ask for your "after dinner mints" and "aminals" (those are your animal shaped pro-biotics and vitamin D pills) - - you love 'em.
Miss Clara Belle - I think I better post your favorite cimmanon popcorn recipe. This is how you ask for it, "it's just that, I was actually thinking that we could like make some cimmanon popcorn and then like watch a movie actually???!!!" So this is it;
one batch fresh popped popcorn
3/4 stick of butter melted
1/4 cup real maple syrup
a few tablespoons of honey
a whole lot of cinnamon
a little ginger
a little nutmeg
I've never actually measured any of this (and sometimes we get two tablespoons of butter and xylitol for sweetener and sometimes we get the whole stick!) that's just kind of how I roll, anywho...
---- bring butter and honey and syrup to a boil for a minute or so then mix in the rest of the stuff, pour it over the popcorn and whishy whoosh - you've got Clara's popcorn. Bringing out the air popper is like winning the lottery to Grady. He goes nuts. As soon as the popper comes out both kids race their little chairs over to the counter and bounce the entire time they are waiting for the first corn to pop. Then Gray usually can't contain himself any more and does laps around the island or his popcorn dance (legs spread wide apart, knees bent, hands in fists at his waist, leaning from side to side - kind of looks like a cave-man) until it's ready. Some days we have oranges and popcorn for lunch just 'cause I want to see him get so excited (and cause I'm kind of sleepy these days and I'm having a hard time being super thoughtful about my childrens nutritional intake - and 'cause I like it.) I love you two!
2 comments:
I love that..dinner mints! You are such a cute mom. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!
hi Lesli!! I found your blog! Cute cute cute!! Love all of your darling pictures and your sweet posts. Hope you don't mind if I continue to peek in??
Post a Comment