Nov 3, 2011

My new little love



My friend Angalee came and took some pictures for us on Grahams 1 week birthday.  I was kind of hesitant to have pictures taken, even from a friend and even at our house.   I didn't know if I could even be up and have us all dressed and fed and smiling by 10 am, but we did and I am so glad!  We had the perfect sunny, warm day and little Graham was so calm outside in the sunshine.   I will always be so thankful that I have these pictures of this little tiny minute when my baby is so small and furry and I am so....infatuated with him and his newborn-ness.  Thank you so much Ang - I can't even so how grateful I am for this memory you've given me!

There is so much about having a newborn that I somehow forgot about. It's only been three years, but I forgot how to function on so little sleep.  I forgot how hard it is to get myself out of bed in the middle of the night to take care of this fuzzy little monkey.  I forgot how good their little breath smells.  I forgot how having them sleeping with their warm little cheeks up against mine is probably one of my favorite things in the whole world.  It's almost intoxicating.  I forgot how thirsty and hungry I get every single time I sit down to nurse.  I forgot how to do my laundry.  Graham likes to be held all day and all night long.  I'm sleepy and have a crick in my neck and I don't even mind because tomorrow I will wake up and he will be 4 - I just know it.  He is perfect this grunty little baby - and oh is he patient (unless you set him down:).  As of yesterday he weighed in at 10.4.  10.4 for goodness sakes he is only 3 1/2 weeks old.  Slow down baby boy - just for one second!!!  You are literally changing right in my very arms!

I'm watching Grady's little bare bum streak across the kitchen floor and Clara make a paper clip chain while listening to the water run into the tub.......it can't be that hard to get in the tub by yourself when you're 3 years old, can it?  This is at least the 4th time that naked bum has run past me so the answer must be yes. Those two are learning to be pretty patient too - I guess it's my turn.   Probably time to go....




3 comments:

Camille said...

Your pictures are so beautiful!! This post you wrote was so sweet. You're going to make everyone want a newborn!

Amy F. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful!

Seriously, I love this.
I love your story too. I don't think you can know the impact it had on me! It was so much like I how I dream of having my next delivery go (I'm not pregnant) that last night, after reading it right before bed, I dreamed just that (of course all dreams are little weird), but I had our baby at home and it felt very calm, laid-back (it was a dream, not reality, lol), but beyond special, beyond description.

Thank you for sharing!

Melanie Arkoudas said...

Such a sweet post and such darling pictures! Loved it! thanks for sharing! you are right, those pictures will be amazing to have even weeks from now! And they really do grow so fast!