Two nights ago Clara and Gray came down stairs crying at 10:00. They'd been in bed since 9:00 and things had sounded pretty quiet - but down they came both crying about a broken lamp, some spilled water and Gray kept saying he couldn't find his "plug". I was pretty tired for the night and B went up to help them. The lamp wasn't really broken - just the little thing inside the light bulb and the water was cleaned up. B calmed Grady down about his "plug", whatever that was and told him we'd look for it in the morning. The next morning I came out into the family room where Gray was watching cartoons and sat down by him on the couch only to look at the arm of the couch and see this gross, slimy gray slug! I asked Grady what in the world it was doing there and he said with a big smile, "Look, I found my plug Mom!" Things were now crystal clear, the lamp got knocked over hitting the mason jar filled with water and the "plug" on the way down. Oh the critters I find in my house.
A few weeks ago Gray had put a snake in his cargo shorts pocket so he could ride his bike to the park using both hands. We both forgot about it and later that afternoon when I was out watering the pots I heard Brandon from inside say "Wo!" I looked in the window just in time to see a garden snake slithering across my kitchen floor! Luckily it found its way out before those shorts made it to the washer for the night! I am more sad than I ever should be about summer coming to an end - but I am ready to quit finding potato bugs and "cowapillars" all over my house.... at least for a few months.
1 comment:
lol, too cute and funny! Little boys sure keep things interesting!
Post a Comment