
(this is Grady's favorite dress-up lately he usually pops up every couple of days with this swim cap on. He especially likes to play soccer and ride his bike with it on...... I think it must make him feel more aerodynamic:)
Yesterday I was doing the dishes and Gray came up and asked me to get him a drink a water. I told him sure, but asked him to wait just a second while I put the last dishes in the washer. He walked over to the back door and looked outside for a second then said, "I'm goin out Mom". And walked right out the door. I was curious to see what he might be doing since it was freezing outside - the rain had just turned to hail and he had on a t-shirt and jeans and no shoes. I watched him stomp down the stairs (picture how an ape walks - kind of moving from side to side with their hands in fists -that's how Grady walks too), down the stepping stones and squat in front of the water that was pouring down from the rain gutter drain. He bent his head down, took one good drink then turned around and stomped back inside. When he got in the door he slammed it shut and yelled, "Cwara, Cwara, Cwara!". Clara came running and Grady told her to watch him. He went back out and repeated what he'd done before. When he got back in she was all worried - "Grady come sit down, you've got ice in your head!" she brushed all the hail out like a dutiful big sister and proceeded to tell him that next time he needs a drink to just go get one from the tub. the tub. Not sure if I should pride myself on their resourcefulness or feel a little bad they have to resort to drinking water from wherever they can get it when they are thirsty and their mom won't get them a drink!
Today we were driving to the store and Clara was singing this little song. I joined in and started singing with her and she started getting all frustrated with me. She kept telling me I wasn't singing it right, so I would start over and try again - but she kept protesting. "No, ugh, Mom, ugh, no, not like....". Finally she sighed and said with a laugh, "Mom! I've just realized that you don't actually know the tune to this song very well do you!." Thank you my three year old daughter..... she is better at remembering tunes than I am. Oh that girl:)
No comments:
Post a Comment