A year ago I posted a picture of the cutest little cottage on the coast in Oregon and said, "in just 7 months I'll be here!!". Well I really was there - 6 months ago and it was heaven. We had such a relaxing vacation. . . it was awesome. We stayed in the most beautiful little town of Cannon Beach. We took our bikes and bike trailer and spent a ton of time riding all around the town and down on the beach. Our little beach house was a half block from the ocean and a half block from the entrance to a state park. I can't even say how beautiful the Oregon coast is - truly amazing... probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. The state park by us had the most beautiful little beach that we spent a lot of time at. Our last night there we had a campfire and watched this most amazing foggy gray storm move in... beautiful. The weather was perfect... sunny and mid 70's every day but the last. This was seriously the perfect vacation for little kids. Almost every day we'd lay around on the pull out bed in the morning and let the kids watch cartoons and play with the huge box full of blocks that we found in the cottage, then head out on a bike ride, through the town, or out on the beach and fly kites and look for seashells. Then we'd come home in the afternoon and everybody would take a nap, then head out again on our bikes in the afternoon either to the beach for a campfire or into town to some yummy place for dinner. I had the most amazing halibut I've ever eaten - so good that I made Brandon take me back twice! The little cottage we stayed at was so cute. Clara thought it was called a "cobbler" for some reason, so that's what it was. Our little Cobbler by the beach:). I loved that in Oregon you can have your windows open at night and not worry about bugs coming in. Me and Brandons bed was so amazingly comfortable and we could fall asleep every night listening to the ocean. So so nice and relaxing. We watched the sun set over the ocean every night and my kids were in heaven with all the sea life, the sand castle building and the bajillion bike rides. The car ride there was not the nicest thing we've ever done, but sooo worth it. Ahh reading this sounds pretend! How could a trip be so perfect? I don't know but Brandon and I agree that this was definitely the funnest family vacation we've ever had... can't wait to go back.
Feb 5, 2011
Oregon....once upon a time
A year ago I posted a picture of the cutest little cottage on the coast in Oregon and said, "in just 7 months I'll be here!!". Well I really was there - 6 months ago and it was heaven. We had such a relaxing vacation. . . it was awesome. We stayed in the most beautiful little town of Cannon Beach. We took our bikes and bike trailer and spent a ton of time riding all around the town and down on the beach. Our little beach house was a half block from the ocean and a half block from the entrance to a state park. I can't even say how beautiful the Oregon coast is - truly amazing... probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. The state park by us had the most beautiful little beach that we spent a lot of time at. Our last night there we had a campfire and watched this most amazing foggy gray storm move in... beautiful. The weather was perfect... sunny and mid 70's every day but the last. This was seriously the perfect vacation for little kids. Almost every day we'd lay around on the pull out bed in the morning and let the kids watch cartoons and play with the huge box full of blocks that we found in the cottage, then head out on a bike ride, through the town, or out on the beach and fly kites and look for seashells. Then we'd come home in the afternoon and everybody would take a nap, then head out again on our bikes in the afternoon either to the beach for a campfire or into town to some yummy place for dinner. I had the most amazing halibut I've ever eaten - so good that I made Brandon take me back twice! The little cottage we stayed at was so cute. Clara thought it was called a "cobbler" for some reason, so that's what it was. Our little Cobbler by the beach:). I loved that in Oregon you can have your windows open at night and not worry about bugs coming in. Me and Brandons bed was so amazingly comfortable and we could fall asleep every night listening to the ocean. So so nice and relaxing. We watched the sun set over the ocean every night and my kids were in heaven with all the sea life, the sand castle building and the bajillion bike rides. The car ride there was not the nicest thing we've ever done, but sooo worth it. Ahh reading this sounds pretend! How could a trip be so perfect? I don't know but Brandon and I agree that this was definitely the funnest family vacation we've ever had... can't wait to go back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the Oregon coast!! Your pictures are adorable, like something out of a storybook. It's so beautiful there!
Hope your kiddos are feeling better ;)
I want to go! Wow...that's what life should be like.
You have such a cute family. Miss ya!
Post a Comment