Life must be rough if I'm barely posting for the 4th! Or, my computer might just be really old and slow.... This summer has been so lovely. I love everything about summer - but mostly I just love the sun. I love walking on hot pavement and how it smells. I love eating warm tomatoes right after I pick them. I love getting all sleepy in a hot car when we are driving somewhere and I really really love driving through fields of gorgeous yellow wheat. It's like summer and heat and sun all wrapped up together! Anyway.... the 4th was so much fun this year. We went up to Idaho and spent some time with B's family. We went swimming, to the parade, camping and up to the cabin in West Yellowstone. The only thing I didn't get to do on my list was take our kids swimming at firehole - it was too rainy and cold that day. Me, B and our kids opted out of going to the fireworks and spent the night in Harriman State park in a yurt. I'm being completely serious when I say it was honestly one of the funnest things I've ever done. I wanted to stay all summer! It was a lot bigger and nicer than I thought and there were bathrooms right down the trail and water right outside our door. There was a wood burning stove to keep us nice and toasty, a big propane lantern and this huge plexi-glass skylight so we could lay in bed at night and see the stars.
We were right above the most beautiful lake... it was seriously amazing! And even more fun when me and Clara snuck out early the next morning for a little walk and a huge pelican flew up right in front of us. When we got back Clara told her Dad about the huge "Helican" she just saw:) Grady did fall right on his head off the top bunk - so that put a little damper on things, but luckily the kid has the hardest head I've ever seen. Right on wood floor and not even a bump!
One of the highlights of the weekend was definitely the John Family talent show. Grandpa Byron's coyote calls were.... amazing. You'll just have to guess what me and B might be doing.... here's a hint, it may or may not have included the song "down by the bay".....we're really talented at doing cool stuff like that:)
Poor Grady was a little tired of the car, this was his sad sweet face when we got home - if he wasn't so dang cute it would be a little easier to not feel so bad for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment