Apr 17, 2010

First Catch

Grady caught his first snake today and I can't tell you how proud I was. It wasn't a tiny little wussy one either - it was a good foot and a half long. I heard him kind of whimpering behind me on the driveway and I turned to see his scooter had fallen off the cement onto our neighbors grass. He was crouched down in the grass like he'd gotten hurt, but then his arm shot up in the air and he yelled "Mamma!!!" He was holding that snake in the air like he'd just won the golden ticket! It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. Oh the tears when he dropped it and it crawled underneath my neighbors foundation..... So even though he wears pink hats and shoes, usually has his toes painted and likes to play barbies, he's the only 20 month old I know that can catch a snake! What a BOY!!!! Besides, his barbies never sing to each other like Clara's - they just growl.



On a side note, I've spent almost all day in my muddy chaco's, I currently have dirt under my fingernails and the back of my neck is just the slightest bit pink. Hallelujah for April!!!!!!

5 comments:

Coretta of corettadeesign said...

Boys with older sisters often like the Barbie movies, pink etc. but when they sword fight it's not some graceful dance, they go for the throat! This post is a cute story.

Darin and Joanna said...

I would have screamed and then Grady would have cried....way to go for cheering him on, you get the brave mom award! Love the picture...what a cutie!

timmielyn said...

Love your cute blog! Its fun to keep up with you and my cute niece and nephew. Good job Grady!

Jenny said...

Grady is all boy for sure! So cute. I love your blog and reading what you guys are up to. We have a blog too...email me if you would like an invite kandjjohnfamily@gmail.com

alananddanielle said...

HEY GUYS-CAUGHT A SNAKE REALLY? THAT WOULD HAVE TOTALLY FREAKED ME OUT. CUTE LITTLE KIDS- GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE DOING WELL.

IF YOU GET A CHANCE CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT: alananddanielle.blogspot.com

LOVE ALAN AND DANIELLE