Jun 29, 2009
We'll be stinky...
Me and B just got asked to be "alternate" Ma and Pa's for our stakes pioneer trek. I really can't even say how excited I am. When I heard they were doing a trek this year I secretly wished that somehow we would be able to go.... well lucky us - everybody else has been planning for months and months and now we just get to go - who needs all that rattlesnake bite, poision ivy, dutch oven cooking, scary wild animal training? We can totally wing it. Any of you Richmond Stakeites out there remember how the trek that we went on got snowed out- yes snow in july, and they had to pack us all home in jail buses. B never even got to go on one. So - I really have never been so excited for a calling before. However, to really feel like a pioneer we can't bring deodorant, toothpaste, or even our own bars of soap (I say our own because really somebody has to have some soap right? They can't just have several hundred kids in the mountains for four days without some way to wash your hands. Right??) I'm still extremely excited, but honestly I really really like to be clean and I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not a little nervous. Even if none of the Ma's and Pa's back out we'll still go, just as "kids" in other families. How fun! How stinky...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is exciting! We got to be "Ma & Pa's" for a trek here in Arizona about 5 years ago. It was really cool. I don't remember being too stinky (how we managed that, I don't remember), and I think some gung-ho people brought "old fashioned" methods of deodorant and soap, and even toothpaste. It was very interesting... I even tried to make home made beef jerky, only to see that other Ma's & Pa's brought the store bought kind! (Oh, and my jerky did NOT turn out ;).
I remember being so famished one day that when we arrived at our camp just having simply some broth and a tiny piece of bread was like heaven!
Have fun!!
That is awesome! they are doing trek this year up here, and I hoped really hard that we would get to go, but alas...someone thinks that leaving six kids alone wouldnot be a smart idea. I will go one day though, even if it is just with all my family. I would be fine carrying a baby on my back. what gives?
Congrats. It will be the time of your life.
I secretly wished my way into going to Girl's camp this year and it was awesome. Next time trek comes around I will do the same thing!
Sounds.. like.. fun Les :) Really though, I bet it will be a great experience!!
Brandon & Leslie-
It was fun coming across your blog from other John cousins. We were ma & pa's many years ago and loved it and swore if we ever got the chance we'd do it again in a heartbeat. We're new to the blogging world. It was good to see you guys and what you're up to. Check out our blog at: alananddanielle.blogspot.com.
Love Danielle, (brandon's cousin, alan's wife)
Hey decided to start blogging again. Our blog is private so please email me your email and I will add your cute family. jjsphelps@hotmail.com thanks Jodie Phelps
Leslie,There is a lady up there named Stacy and she has a website,
aahidaho.com I believe. Her business is "All About Health" and she is quite good. She is actually in Meridian, so that's not too far from Boise. I am trying to think of her last name, I think it is Farnham? HOpe that helps!
Post a Comment