Feb 19, 2009

Happy Heart Day

We went up to Idaho last weekend and thanks to the wonderful Karen/Dylan duo me and Brandon got to spend Friday skiing our little bums off at Targhee. I say bums off because for the first time in my life, I was daring enough to venture off the groomed runs and ski through powder - and I actually loved it! But.. it was quite the glute workout! It was the most beautiful winter day I have ever seen! Our last run we took a little cat track around to the back side of the resort and saw this.....


It was so amazing! We were so close to the Tetons and the day was so clear it felt like we could reach out and touch them. It felt so great! It's so amazing to me how strong you can feel the spirit when you are in the mountains. On Saturday we had a valentine/birthday party for me and Byron. After that Brandon, Aaron and Byron performed an incredible little dance routine to Vanilla Ice "I Love You" and I laughed so hard I was on the verge of wetting my pants. After that they each gave us these sweet little hearts they made and sang us a verse of a sweet lovey country song (I'm not really into country so I can't remember what it's called) - but it was so cute! I really couldn't believe that this group of men were being so mushy and sweet to their wives! It was so fun - I love love love being goo'd over:)



The night after we came home, Clara was so exhausted from chasing three little boys around for three days straight, that she went to bed at 8:00 and at noon the next day, this is what she looked like....

Still sleeping! She slept sixteen hours straight - amazing!
Thanks everybody for such a fun weekend:)

2 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

I think I would like to see a video clip of those John boys dancing there little hearts out! I still can't believe that Clara slept that long!

Georgana Hall said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am sooo jealous she slept that long. My boys always wake up earlier and then are so cranky and grumpy all day. Last friday eric and I went on a date and got home at 11:00. The boys were still awake when we got home (the sitter could not get them to go to bed) and they were awake at 6:30 in the morning. I was sooo mad because all I heard until nap time was whining! Okay, I'll stop complaining now.