Nov 22, 2008

One day.....




I've been thinking a lot lately about the power of positive thinking - and how what we think becomes our reality. So... below I've listed some things (some just silly things, and some serious) that I really want to happen in my life. I guess I had better start thinking about them!

-One day I will live in the mountains on a ranch
-I will run a marathon
-I will get my masters degree
-I'll teach my kids how to be really good pretenders
-I'll travel to Turkey
-I will research my genealogy
-I'll adopt a child from a foreign country
-I will have extremely organized closets
-I will raise alpaca's
-I will study the Old Testament
-I will dive at the Great Barrier Reef
-I will quit eating sugar (but maybe only for a few months at a time)
-I will learn to sew better
-I will learn about becoming a doula
-I will have my own humanitarian group
-I will become an aerobics instructor (really)
-I'll see every continent
and on and on and on

7 comments:

The Hoths said...

hey Les, I think I saw on Ashley's blog that your learnign to foot zone... is that true? My sister in law does it and is always amazed at how weird my body is. So if you want to feel some funky stuff and learn what they feel like you're more than welcome to try out my feet. (examples of what I have, appendix gone, gallbladder gone, cysts on ovaries, endometriosis, kidney stones, rods and screws in my back, my liver is routed all funky) anyway if you want to see what any of it feels like give me a call. 232-6332.
BTW who is your teacher?

Katy said...

Love your post, Les. It is so true that our minds are incredibly powerful. I love learning about that stuff. You have such wonderful goals! I also loved your new pictures on the side. Such beautiful people!

Karren Family said...

Hey Les-
It is HollyJo (Sparks) I saw your blog from Brittney's, I hope you don't mind!
Your family is so sweet! The list is a wonderful idea,I have done the same thing-when my little boy Easten got very sick, I put one together and have made every attempt to making each day count and to strive for the best life with my family!
Our blog is hollyandrustykarren.blogspot.com if you are interested!
Good to see you!
HollyJo

Karren Family said...

Les-
I just wrote but saw this first post about foot zoning- are you doing this? Easten's liver specialist at Primary Children's talked to me about this when we were discussing his transplant- if you are I would love to hear more of what you believe it can do!
Thanks!
HollyJo

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

Lesli-I think you're very ambitious with this list! Go Girl!

Michelle said...

Lesli, I love, love your list! The power of positive thoughts was probably the most valuable thing I learned in Massage School. It can truly change your life. And becoming a doula huh? You and I both dear!

Sandi said...

Hey Lesli, It is so good to hear from you. Your kids are so cute, I love the Halloween pictures. Things are going good. How are you doing?