Apr 15, 2008

My Baby's One!


Yesterday was Clara's birthday - and I can't believe she is already one! It goes so fast!!! She had her first cupcake, and devoured every last crumb - it was so funny to watch. We are having a party with family on thursday, so I'll have to put up some pictures later. The only ones we got from yesterday were on a little throw-away camera we found in Brandon's car. The reason for this is that I left our camera on a plane! ahhhhhh - Last week me and Clara drove down to St. George with my Mom and Dad for a few days and then flew back on Thurs. Clara did lovely and slept the whole way home, but I got so airsick. It was one of those tiny planes and right before we landed the little boy in front of me started losing it - everywhere..... it was awful - as soon as the plane landed I jumped up and got out thinking I was going to lose it too - and left my camera under my seat! (luckily I didn't puke though) I was so upset and had to wait until yesterday to see if it was turned in to the lost and found. Thank you thank you honest people of the world! We also had another ultrasound yesterday with a specialists to see how our little baby was doing, and things were looking a lot better. When I had my ultrasound a few weeks ago, we saw that it's little chest wasn't growing like it should, and they gave us all sorts of dire reasons why. My Dr. had me go to a perinatologist yesterday and we saw that the chest is now only about week behind the rest of the body which they told us probably isn't a big deal. I just have to go again in a month and have it checked out. For some reason I always felt like things would be okay - but Brandon has been really worried (and still is a little bit) so it was so good just to see that things are most likely just fine. So - because of all this, yesterday was such a great day (plus it was 80 outside, I love sun!!!)!

7 comments:

Calder Family said...

Happy B-day Clara! I love that sweet girl Les. She is so cute! I hope she is feeling better and I'm glad your ultrasound went well. That is always kind of stressful. Love Ya!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Clara. She is so cute! I need your email address to invite you to our blog. Email me at johnkurtisl@netzero.com so I can sent you an invite.

Ashley said...

Les! I had no idea about your worries. I am so sorry. I'm sure you were so nervous. Happy Birthday to Clara a few days ago..I'm kind of in a blogging slump and haven't been on for a few days.

Michelle said...

It is absolutely crazy how our lives can change so much in just a few short months. Happy Birthday to Clara! I'll keep you and your sweet growing baby in my prayers.

Julie M. said...

Hi Lesli! :) I found you through the Fetters!! Clara is a doll and you guys look so happy! And congrats on the new one, don't worry, you CAN do it! (Mine are 14.5 months apart!) "See" you around!

Kaylinn said...

I can't believe Clara is 1 already! How time flies. Love reading your blog! You are so cute. Without them I don't know how we would keep in touch! Love you!

Jon and Melissa said...

Leslie my love! Last time I saw you, we were both prego, but you were due before me and like half my size! I can't believe you are on #2- I'm telling you it is the greatest thing in the world to watch your children interact and love each other. It was fun having a peek into your life- you are darling